Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Stephen Tobolowsky On Road Event Reading

On Sunday, December 10, for one night only, the Road Theatre on Magnolia is proud to present a first-time reading of a compelling story from actor/writer Stephen Tobolowsky’s new book My Adventures with God. The performance, which runs about an hour, will feature Tobolowsky and fellow guest actor Alan Mandell and will take place at 5:30 pm. Preceding the reading, wine and refreshments will be served at 5:00 pm. Immediately following the reading, there will be a book signing made possible by Skylight Books.


Tobolowsky, currently on a book tour on the east coast tyook time out of his busy schedule to expound specifically upon the content and message of this reading:   

“Alan Mandell and I are reading “A Good Day at Auschwitz” from my new book My Adventures with God published by Simon and Schuster. 

I write stories from my life, and this is one of my favorites - a true story of a man I met at my synagogue. His name is Abe. Abe is a man of great humor and heart who survived three years at Auschwitz - certainly the worst place on earth. And …  he fell in love there! Amazing! 

Besides being an entertaining story I thought it was perfect for the holidays. It is a story about the resilience of the human spirit, renewal, and hope where there seems to be none.”

Don’t miss this one of a kind event with these highly respected actors Stephen Tobolowsky and Alan Mandell. The Road at Magnolia is located in the NoHo Senior Arts Colony at 10747 Magnolia Blvd in NoHo. Tickets are $40. There is plenty of street parking available, but come early to guarantee your space.






No comments: