Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Mini Interview with Michael Dempsey

Each week we spotlight a member of the “Melissa Arctic” cast. This week we spoke with veteran Road member Michael Dempsey, who plays Lindy.


Tell me about Lindy.

My character is Lindy. My wife Cindy and I are good friends with Mina and Lenny. We’re older, and we've raised kids. Lindy ran a steady business, an apple orchard, for years.

What purpose does Lindy serve in the play?

I am an older, wiser person who is able to listen to Mina and Lenny and their struggles without prejudice, and yet also be tough when I need be.

How are you preparing for this role?

Remembering my childhood in a small town. The way neighbors knew each other, helped, challenged, supported, celebrated and mourned. A lot of my work as an actor is in Craig’s (Wright) writing. Much like Shakespeare, there are a lot of clues to your character in what you say and what others say about you.

How are audiences reacting to the play?

Audiences love the immersion into this "world". There is a lot going on (projections, puppets, songs, etc.), but it all beautifully supports the story.

What do you expect audiences to take away?


A sense of forgiveness, family and community. 

No comments: